Yesterday, Jillian of Random Ramblings posted her “Most Influential Books” and asked me if I would share mine, too.
I really love her particular spin on this, which is that we share without giving any sort of explanation whatsoever. It’s harder than it sounds! When I love a book, I want to tell everyone why & try to convince them to read it. But, I can also see the beauty in sharing these favorites and allowing others to discover them completely on their own, and maybe fall in love with them for their own reasons.
So, here is a list of 10 books that have affected me greatly, for various reasons. I desperately want to say something about each of them, but I will refrain. I challenge you all to give this a shot on your own blogs, and I especially challenge you to read a title from this list that you haven’t, yet!
In no particular order:
- The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
- The Confidence-Man by Herman Melville
- The Giver by Lois Lowry
- The Mayor of Casterbridge by Thomas Hardy
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling
- Dream Boy by Jim Grimsley
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
- The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
- Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
- Tender is the Night by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Care to share any books that have had a profound affect on your life?