I very rarely participate in blog memes (or, let’s be honest, in blogging at all, lately!), but this one caught my eye when I saw it posted over on O’s blog, Behold the Stars. The winters here in the Midwestern United States are cold, long, and brutal. We tend to get buried in snow and bitter sub-zero temperatures for days on end.
So, what better way to prepare, to spark a little internal flame, than to think about the books I’m looking forward to cozying up with in the coming months?
This week’s topic, from The Broke and the Bookish, is: Top 10 Books on My Winter TBR.
- The Turn of the Screw by Henry James
- Trifles by Susan Glaspell
- Ariel by Sylvia Plath
- Studies in Classic American Literature by D.H. Lawrence
- I Could Tell You Stories by Patricia Hampl
- Like People in History by Felice Picano
- Dancer from the Dance by Andrew Holleran
- The Man Who Fell in Love with the Moon by Tom Spanbauer
- Playing the Game: The Homosexual Novel in America by Roger Austen
- The History of Sexuality by Michel Foucault