The Classics Club Spin!
Well, I attempted to play the first Classics Club Spin and completely failed (didn’t even OPEN the book). And… I’m one of the moderators of The Classics Club! Shame on me.
Anywho – school is out for the summer, so I have much more free time. Which means I’m going to take another crack at this and, this time, I am determined to read my Spin Book!
My Book Spin list for the Classics Club:
Five I Am Dreading:
1. The Castle of Otranto by Horace Walpole
2. The Mysteries of Udolpho by Ann Radcliffe
3. Moll Flanders by Daniel Defoe
4. Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert
5. A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce
Five I Am Excited About:
6. Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes
7. The House of Mirth by Edith Wharton
8. At Swim, Two Boys by Jamie O’Neill
9. The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
10. Kim by Rudyard Kipling
Five I’m Neutral About:
11. Henderson the Rain King by Saul Bellow
12. A Room With a View by E.M. Forster
13. Youth by J.M. Coetzee
14. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
15. The Portrait of a Lady by Henry James
Five Free Choice: Totally Random Selections!
16. The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood
17. Wise Blood by Flannery O’Connor
18. Metamorphoses by Ovid
19. Vile Bodies by Evelyn Waugh
20. The 120 Days of Sodom by Marquis de Sade
The Prize: A fun reading experience!
Book Reviews ∙ Bookish Tags ∙ Book Discussions
For the ink-hearted
an exposition of micro and punk poetry
Dedicated to Emerging Writers
quotes, excerpts and reviews
You don’t start out writing good stuff. You start out writing crap and thinking it’s good stuff, and then gradually you get better at it. That’s why I say one of the most valuable traits is persistence. Octavia E. Butler
My life as a black, disabled teenager
A bookish blog (mostly) about women writers of the nineteenth and twentieth centuries